cannot invoke webservices

As a part of SharePoint migration from 2010 to 2013 I was working on moving the webservices from dev to QA. Initially I thought of testing  few defaults like GetAccountName , GetSiteUsers but when I try to invoke I got the below error.

System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: The message could not be dispatched because the service at the endpoint address ‘net.pipe://localhost/s4u/022694f3-9fbd-422b-b4b2-312e25dae2a2’ is unavailable for the protocol of the address.

Below are the steps I tried to resolve

  1. killed SMSSvcHost.exe process and then restarted Net.Tcp Listener Adapter service
  2. Reset IIS

Above steps did not help me but it did help others on the net.

Mine was SharePoint specific issue and SharePoint 2013 was claims only so I looked in the services on the central admin and saw that claims to widows token service was not running . I started this and my web services started working.

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s